Sunday, July 15, 2007

how i spent my summer vacation

looking back on my recent wyoming adventures with the 'rents, i can't stop myself from sharing this classic bit of poetry:

love flies like an arrow,
time flies like a sparrow,
fruit flies like a banana.





this was the first "real" vacation i have been on in years. in fact, it is the first time i have travelled, other than to see the 'rents, or to do an antique show with P.J., since finding out nearly 5 years ago that my life was going to be flipped upside down by colon cancer and the subsequent treatments.
life may never be the same again for me, as my body fails me regularly in more ways than i can count, and often when the body is compensating for itself, my brain manages to misfire. given the de-mylanization evident on several parts of my brain, i expect that i'm going to be prone to occasional synaptic misfires that can include troubles communicating verbally (often what i'm thinking is not what spews forth in a seeming endless barrage of banter - there was a time when i was succinct, i rose through the ranks at work in part from my ability to distill and gather info in 25 words or less).

i can't thank Mom and Jim (and subsequently, Mona and Clark!), enough for an amazing time.
Jim, as usual, was a hoot, with a heart of gold, driving non-stop from sun up to sun down because he was so eager to be a full-time cowboy. in the 25 years we've been married to Jim, he still manages to catch me off guard with his quirky humor and his quiet wit (a few hours from being home, after hours of being stuck in traffic along route 80 east, he read the vanity phone number from the back of a semi - trailer, except he switched the first and last letters coming up with a prolific, and un-repeatable phone number that people would really remember if they saw it!)
truth be told, i have always been a momma's boy. i'm o.k. with that. my Mom has always been the kind of Mom that other kids would kill to have as their own. that said, a little dose of super-Mom can go a long way, and since i'm so similar to her (hello, birthdays 3 days apart, we're both typical for sign of the archer), when together, our fire signs unite with combustible (and exhausting) personalities to overwhelm and conquer the unwitting, you know, the mere mortals we chill with.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
part mad-scientist (it's kind of like being an angry bovine only i'm still not that heavy!)