Friday, July 27, 2007

he's alive - he's alive!!!!

just when i was absolutely convinced that my tete-a-tete with the ever beguiling bob was his final downfall....

who, or should i saw what, scampered by the window with the sort of speed generally reserved for emergency vehicles or persons with severe bowel issues....it's bob!

and when i stuck my head out the window to see where he'd gone in such the fired up hurry (and of course, while out the window, i planned to grab the sun tea that i'd been brewing all day, as one does...), wouldn't you know i barely saw bob's flat little tail disappear into the leafy confines beyond my fire escape, when, with one hand on the tupperware of tea, low and behold, an identical varmit, who can only be known as bob number 2, ran across the fire escape, jumped over my hand, previously full of tea, now full of nothing but air....

why am i so damn scared of that rascally bob family? i think of them as my pets, yet they keep popping up, popping out, popping in (apparantly) and causing me no end of spilt sun tea. for bobs being my pet on the cheap, he's/they're starting to cost me a lot in tomatoes, tea bags and tupperware.

anyway, i felt the need to share the joyous news of bob's return (or is that bobs returns), since i hate to think of scaring him (or is he an her?) into cardiac arrest, after all, that's one thing small vermin are always able to lord over the larger bi-peds among them, that is the ability to induce strokage.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
part mad-scientist (it's kind of like being an angry bovine only i'm still not that heavy!)