Saturday, May 31, 2008

first it was a spinal tap (again), then it was a ton of i.v. as an inpatient.....

and finally it was intervention radiology with a surgical i.v. picc line inserted so i could come home and eat and sleep like a human while wearing a constant flow of drugs via a pump on my belt....3 days after i got home i finally heard from the visiting nurse folks - they forgot to tell me my picc line needed flushing with saline via syrringe every day as well as a syringe of blood thinner to avoid getting a clot going to the heart....



then after a week they still hadn't come to see if i was dead or alive, yet alone to hook me to pump or i.v. stuff....they left me swinging....

some brilliant woman, an r.n. no less, actually had the nerve to tell me i should be grateful that her people even bothered "with people like you"....i.e. those on medicaid and medicare......too bad for her that i asked her about flushing the line in front of my friend who came to pick me up and he quite clearly heard her tell me that wasn't her job and i'd learn that when they showed up at my home in a few days....what a bitch! i told her at the same time i don't have medicaid but i'd already spoken with someone and had fast tracked my own out patient issue with medicare - did she want the name and number of the person with whom i'd spoken? nope...i was walking out and looked really healthy so i was obviously not homebound...so she invalidated my medicare coverage for any and all prescriptions affiliated with a required hospital stay.

fact....a bitch with an rn degree is a dangerous person when she has a little power to wield.

super fact....a fag with 47 centimeters of picc line stitched with 6 stitches to his right tricep just a bit too tightly by the surgeon is far more dangerous with his pen and his words, especially with his witness and his doctor....i think miss hoi-paloi forgot i was the client....and her job is to work for me....so after a week as an inpatient and 11 days with a painful and insufferable picc line paid for by medicare but never used except by me to inject saline and blood thinner at an expense of nearly $4,000 was never used due to a dillweed of a bitchbag....that's of course after the $2,000 a night for the hospital visit for a week....all because the sum total of $990 for antibiotic and set up tubes and the pump rental weren't to be covered due to her opinion of someone able to walk out and anxious not to be wasting the tax payer dollar......

fact in point....the letter i'll be sending, and the doctor is sending and the witness are sending will have said dillweed wishing she were eligible for unemployment when the karma and the system catch up to her....turns out you can report gross negligence to the AMA and the NY Medical Board...and she'll very possibly not ever bother anyone but family again....that said, i almost feel bad....wait, no i feel great....the stitches are out and now so are my bitches.

i've got to go and pack my bag....i'm heading to london in a matter of days and then on to the greek isles....come back for all the pics and bon mots of the shenanigans and other fun after the 18th of june!

xo
w

No comments:

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
part mad-scientist (it's kind of like being an angry bovine only i'm still not that heavy!)